SPREAD LOVE IT’S THE BROOKLYN WAY
We’ve come a long way from our grassroots beginnings in an apartment in the East Village. Today’s Callen-Lorde is a multi-borough network caring for 18,000 people, over a quarter of whom do not have health insurance. Today’s Callen-Lorde advocates for health policy and conducts groundbreaking research that impacts our communities on a global scale. And today’s Callen-Lorde is one that will expand into Brooklyn and house the Keith Haring Nurse Practitioner Postgraduate Fellowship in LGBTQ+ Health – the first program of its kind to train the next generation of healthcare leaders to help close the gap in health disparities for LGBTQ people.
As we near completion of our 25,000-square-foot clinic in downtown Brooklyn, we’re asking for your support to help us cross the finish line – to ‘spread love’ and pay it forward by making a gift to help us provide services for all who seek our care.
So often, we hear from our patients at Callen-Lorde, ‘you saved my life’ – not just in the healthcare we provide, but in the bearing witness and in the accepting of people’s truths, rather than trying to reshape them. We invite you to be a part of this legacy, in building the Callen-Lorde of tomorrow.
Gifts of $1,000 or more will received a signed, limited edition print created by artist, designer, and founder of Spread Love Project, Nicholas Konert.
Looking for more ways to spread love?
- Echo our social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to make a gift – consider your own Facebook Fundraiser!
- Host a house party or fundraiser to benefit Callen-Lorde.
- Find out if your employer offers a matching gift or if they donate goods or services to non-profits – a great way to bolster our silent auctions!
- Make Callen-Lorde a beneficiary of your estate plans – check out the John B. Montana Society.