Health Outreach to Teens (HOTT)
Health Outreach To Teens is a welcoming, non-judgmental, confidential program designed specifically to meet the medical and mental health needs of LGBTQ adolescents and young adults ages 13-24, as well as other young people in need. These services are offered both at a youth-only medical suite at Callen-Lorde as well as a mobile medical unit that travels to areas throughout the five boroughs to meet people where they feel comfortable.
All of HOTT’s services are provided free of charge or at low cost (insurance is also accepted). HOTT will register young people 21 years old and younger for healthcare services, and provide ongoing care up to their 24th birthday. After their 24th birthday, they will be transitioned into adult care.
HOTT is open to new patients. To join the program come to our walk-in hours Monday – Thursday 10-6 pm and Friday 10-3 pm.
- General medical care
- Gynecological exams/family planning/reproductive health
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- HIV testing
- HIV primary care
- Hormone therapy
Counseling and Mental Health
- Individual counseling on:
- Gender identity
- Eating disorders
- Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse/trauma
- HIV and other medical diagnoses
- General supportive counseling
- HIV pre/post-test counseling
- Support groups
- Crisis intervention
- Medications to help address emotional problems
- Assistance with housing and insurance
- Referrals to medical specialists
- Safer sex materials
- Nutritional counseling
- STI/HIV education
- Reproductive health support
HOTT’s mobile medical unit – a fully-equipped medical vehicle with exam and counseling rooms and a group area – brings health care to young people. HOTT meets youth on their own terms, where they hang out, and works to build trust between clients and the HOTT staff. The multi-disciplinary team provides outreach, health education materials, health kits (with condoms, hygiene supplies, etc.), and most importantly, an entry point to health and social services.
Services provided at the mobile medical unit include:
- Urgent medical care
- Sexual health services
- HIV/STI screening and treatment
- Family planning
- PrEP/PEP treatment and counseling
- Transgender healthcare/hormone therapy
- Flu shots and vaccines
- Crisis counseling
Look for our schedule or find out where we’ll be on our calendar.