Health Outreach to Teens (HOTT)
Health Outreach To Teens (HOTT) is a welcoming, non-judgmental, confidential program designed specifically to meet the medical and mental health needs of LGBTQ adolescents and young adults ages 13-24, as well as other young people in need. These services are offered both at a youth-only medical suite at Callen-Lorde as well as a mobile medical unit that travels to areas throughout the five boroughs to meet people where they feel comfortable.
All of HOTT’s services are provided free of charge or at low cost (insurance is also accepted). HOTT will register young people 21 years old and younger for healthcare services, and provide ongoing care up to their 24th birthday. After their 24th birthday, they will be transitioned into adult care.
HOTT is open to new patients!
To join the program, walk-in to Callen-Lorde Chelsea Monday – Thursday from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and Friday 10:00am – 3:00 pm or register online here. Call 212.271.7212 for assistance!
- Primary medical care
- Sexual health services
- HIV/STI screening and treatment
- Family planning
- PrEP/PEP treatment and counseling
- Transgender healthcare/hormone therapy
- Flu shots and vaccines
Counseling and Mental Health
- Individual counseling on:
- Gender identity
- Eating disorders
- Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse/trauma
- HIV and other medical diagnoses
- General supportive counseling
- HIV pre/post-test counseling
- Support groups
- Crisis intervention
- Medication consultations
- Assistance with housing and insurance
- Referrals to medical specialists
- Safer sex materials
- Nutritional counseling
- STI/HIV education
- Reproductive health support
Learn about our Mobile Medical Unit services here.