Omicron Variant Update
In response to the rapidly spreading Omicron variant, Callen-Lorde would like to remind our patients about the ways in which we are keeping our staff and patients safe:
- Masks covering the mouth and nose are required to be worn by everyone (staff, patients, and visitors) in all of our clinics at all times. Staff members may be required to wear additional PPE such as N95s, goggles, gowns, gloves, and face shields depending on the clinical setting.
- All staff and patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entry of all locations with a temperature scan and a set of questions.
- Each exam room and all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected routinely throughout the day, and always in between patients. This includes equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces.
- Plexiglass barriers are at each front desk and registration areas to protect both patients and staff.
- Waiting rooms have been re-arranged where possible to allow for social distancing.
- Additional air filtration systems will be utilized during any procedures or examinations where there is increased risk for COVID-19 transmission. This includes our Dental Department, which will use specialized oral air filtration devices during all procedures.
In addition, we are implementing the following measures:
- All patients who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should call ahead to be screened by a triage nurse. Please do not walk into the health center.
- Surgical masks are strongly recommended to be worn by patients in addition to other types of face coverings and will be provided at the entry of each of our locations. Learn more about different types of masks and their protection.
- N95s will be required to be worn by staff members with patients in any enclosed setting such as an exam or consult room.
- For patients who use the Callen-Lorde Pharmacy, medication delivery is being strongly encouraged to reduce the number of people in our pharmacy waiting areas. You can request delivery by calling our pharmacy line at (877) 436-3452, or, by contacting the Callen-Lorde Chelsea Pharmacy at email@example.com, the Callen-Lorde Bronx Pharmacy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Callen-Lorde Brooklyn Pharmacy at email@example.com
- Walk-in services are discouraged. Please call (212) 271-7200 so that your call may be transferred to the appropriate department.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have had an exposure to COVID-19, or are experiencing other symptoms, please call (212) 271-7200 to be assessed by a Triage RN rather than coming to the clinic. Routine COVID-19 testing (asymptomatic, no exposure) can be performed in any regularly scheduled visit, but at this time, we are unable to offer standalone COVID-19 testing. For a list of testing sites outside of Callen-Lorde, please click here.
COVID-19 vaccine and booster appointments for current patients can be made by calling (212) 271-7200, however, due to capacity, you may experience a wait time for the next available appointment. For a list of other vaccine and booster locations, visit vaccinefinder.nyc.gov.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines and boosters, visit our Vaccine FAQ.