Wellness checks, including a temperature scan and appropriate screening questions, are required for anyone entering any clinical buildings.
Patients that report concerning symptoms, such as fever, cough, or rash, will be brought into the isolation room for further assessment by a Registered Nurse.
Additional precautions include:
- All surfaces in the waiting areas and exam rooms (equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces) are sanitized regularly each day.
- Each exam room will be cleaned and disinfected at the start of each day and after every patient. This includes equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces.
- Waiting rooms are re-arranged where possible to allow for distancing between others.
- Plexiglas barriers are at each front desk and registration areas to protect both patients and staff.
- Additional air filtration systems will be utilized during any procedures or examinations where there is increased risk for COVID-19 transmission. This includes our Dental Department, which will use specialized oral air filtration devices during all procedures.
With some important exceptions, masking is encouraged but not required of Callen-Lorde patients and staff. We continue to encourage everyone who has not completed a COVID vaccination series, including at least one booster, to mask in consideration of staff and patients.
In addition, masking is still required in the following circumstances:
- When patients request that staff don a mask when caring for them.
- When staff or patients are experiencing any cold/flu/COVID-like symptoms, including acute seasonal allergies.
- For staff working with symptomatic patients.
- N95 masks will still be required for staff during all aerosolizing procedures.
Current patients can schedule COVID-19 tests by calling (212) 271-7200. The New York City Department of Health also offers free COVID-19 testing and treatment at locations throughout the five boroughs.
People with COVID-19 have reported many different symptoms. Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after exposure to the virus, but some people may not experience any symptoms at all.
Possible symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you are a patient at Callen-Lorde and experiencing possible symptoms of COVID-19, please call (212) 271-7200 to be assessed by our triage team.
We are currently offering COVID-19 vaccine appointments for any current Callen-Lorde patient over the age of 18. Appointments are available at all sites. To make an appointment, call (212) 271-7200. Click here for our Vaccine FAQ. Free vaccine appointments can also be obtained at outside sites across NYC through vaccinefinder.nyc.gov.
Video visits are currently available. Patients can rely on the same quality of care, and any medications or prescriptions can be prescribed to the Callen-Lorde pharmacy for free next or same day delivery.