Per New York State mandate, all visitors two years of age and older and able to medically tolerate a face covering/mask shall be required to wear a face covering/mask in health care facilities, regardless of vaccination status. As such, face masks are still required to be worn at all times in all Callen-Lorde locations.
All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entry of all locations with a temperature scan and the following questions:
- Have you had a cough, fever, or shortness of breath in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had chills or fatigue (feeling very tired or weak) in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had a sore throat in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you lost your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you had any known exposure to someone in the last 2 weeks who has, or has had, COVID-19?
Patients that report any of the above will be brought into the isolation room for further assessment by a Registered Nurse.
Additional precautions include:
- Masks are required for everyone (patients, staff, and visitors) while in our clinics, regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be provided at the entry of all our locations.
- All surfaces in the waiting areas and exam rooms (equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces) are sanitized regularly each day.
- Each exam room will be cleaned and disinfected at the start of each day and after every patient. This includes equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces.
- Waiting rooms are re-arranged where possible to allow for distancing between others.
- Plexiglas barriers are at each front desk and registration areas to protect both patients and staff.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all Callen-Lorde Staff. This includes masks, protective gowns, gloves, and eyewear, if necessary.
- Additional air filtration systems will be utilized during any procedures or examinations where there is increased risk for COVID-19 transmission. This includes our Dental Department, which will use specialized oral air filtration devices during all procedures.
Current patients can schedule COVID-19 tests by calling (212) 271-7200. The New York City Department of Health also offers free COVID-19 testing and treatment at locations throughout the five boroughs.
People with COVID-19 have reported many different symptoms. Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after exposure to the virus, but some people may not experience any symptoms at all.
Possible symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you are a patient at Callen-Lorde and experiencing possible symptoms of COVID-19, please call (212) 271-7200 to be assessed by our triage team.
We are currently offering first, second dose, and booster COVID-19 vaccine appointments for any current Callen-Lorde patient over the age of 18. Appointments are available at all sites. To make an appointment, call (212) 271-7200. Click here for our Vaccine FAQ. Free vaccine appointments can also be obtained at outside sites across NYC through vaccinefinder.nyc.gov.
To reduce the number of staff and patients on-site in our clinical locations, appointments that do not require an in-person visit can be scheduled virtually (via video). Patients can rely on the same quality of care, and any medications or prescriptions can be prescribed to the Callen-Lorde pharmacy for free next or same day delivery.