Current patients can schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments online or by calling (212) 271-7200. If you are not a patient and would like to become one, please click here.
For additional vaccine information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ.
In order to minimize the spread of COVID-19, Callen-Lorde has implemented the following requirements:
All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entry of all locations with a temperature scan and the following questions:
- Have you had a cough, fever, or shortness of breath in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had chills or fatigue (feeling very tired or weak) in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had a sore throat in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you lost your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you had any known exposure to someone in the last 2 weeks who has, or has had, COVID-19?
Patients that report any of the above will be brought into the isolation room for further assessment by a Registered Nurse.
Additional precautions include:
- Masks are required for everyone (patients, staff, and visitors) while in our clinics, regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be provided at the entry of all our locations.
- All surfaces in the waiting areas and exam rooms (equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces) are sanitized regularly each day.
- Each exam room will be cleaned and disinfected at the start of each day and after every patient. This includes equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces.
- Waiting rooms are re-arranged where possible to allow for distancing between others.
- Plexiglas barriers are at each front desk and registration areas to protect both patients and staff.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all Callen-Lorde Staff. This includes masks, protective gowns, gloves, and eyewear, if necessary.
- Additional air filtration systems will be utilized during any procedures or examinations where there is increased risk for COVID-19 transmission. This includes our Dental Department, which will use specialized oral air filtration devices during all procedures.
To reduce the number of staff and patients on-site in our clinical locations, appointments that do not require an in-person visit can be scheduled virtually (via video). Patients can rely on the same quality of care, and any medications or prescriptions can be prescribed to the Callen-Lorde pharmacy for free next or same day delivery.
If you do not currently use our pharmacy and would like to, please let your provider know you would like to send your medications to Callen-Lorde, then contact email@example.com to set up your account and request delivery. If you already use our pharmacy, create an account at callenlordepharmacy.com to manage your prescriptions online and request free delivery at checkout.