We are now scheduling COVID-19 vaccines for any Callen-Lorde patient over the age of 18. To make an appointment, schedule online or call 212.271.7200. Click here for more information.
To reduce the number of staff and patients on-site in our clinical locations, appointments that do not require an in-person visit may be changed to a virtual (video or phone) appointment. Patients can rely on the same quality of care, and any medications or prescriptions can be prescribed to the Callen-Lorde pharmacy for free next or same day delivery. If you do not currently use our pharmacy and would like to, please let your provider know you would like to send your medications to Callen-Lorde, then contact email@example.com to set up your account and request delivery. If you already use our pharmacy, create an account at callenlordepharmacy.com to manage your prescriptions online and request free delivery at checkout.
In order to minimize the spread of COVID-19, Callen-Lorde has implemented the following requirements:
All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entry of all locations with the following questions:
- Have you had a cough, fever, or shortness of breath in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had chills or fatigue (feeling very tired or weak) in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had a sore throat in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you lost your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you had any known exposure to someone in the last 2 weeks who has, or has had, COVID-19?
Patients that report any of the above will be brought into the isolation room for further assessment by a Registered Nurse.
Additional precautions include:
- All patients, staff, and visitors must have their temperature taken when coming into the center. We will be using no-touch thermometers (checks temperature at the forehead). Anyone with a temperature of 100°F or more will be moved into an isolation room for evaluation by a Registered Nurse.
- Anyone in the center (patients, staff, and visitors) are/ required to wear a mask while in the building. Masks will be provided at the front door of all our locations.
- All surfaces in the waiting area will be cleaned regularly each day. Waiting rooms are also being re-arranged to allow for 6 feet of distancing between others.
- To increase safety, we have marked areas in the centers to help with distancing. We will only allow a maximum of 4 people to occupy the elevators at any one time.
- Plexiglas barriers have been placed at the front desk to protect both patients and staff.
- To reduce the number of patients in the centers at any time, we are limiting in-person visits. Telehealth and videoconferencing visits can be scheduled online or over the phone.
- Each exam room will be cleaned and disinfected at the start of each day and after every patient. This includes equipment, exam tables, countertops, doorknobs, and other surfaces.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all Callen-Lorde Staff. This includes masks, protective gowns, gloves, and eyewear, if necessary.
- The Callen-Lorde Pharmacy offers at-home delivery. Please see our website for details.
- Additional air filtration systems will be utilized during any procedures or examinations where there is increased risk for COVID-19 transmission. This includes our Dental Department, which will use specialized oral air filtration devices during all procedures.