Callen-Lorde provides comprehensive and state-of-the-art HIV/AIDS care and support. Patients have a choice of providers and a range of services that are available under one roof.
- Rapid HIV testing — by appointment or during walk in hours. Check our calendar for the schedule.
- HIV Orientation at the first appointment new patients receive one on one education and support to answer any questions about medical treatment and needed services like insurance coverage, government benefits and housing.
- Primary medical care consists of comprehensive, quality medical care with experienced HIV specialist providers.
- Support groups: Please visit our Support Groups page for more information.
- Mental Health: Individual counseling, psychotherapy and annual psychosocial assessments with knowledgeable and sensitive mental health professionals.
- Medication adherence counseling provides support and education about HIV infection, prescribed medications, and addressing any side effects.
- Care Coordination offers information, assistance and referrals regarding benefits and entitlements, including insurance, housing, and referrals to other supportive services.
- Sexual Health Counseling helps identify risks for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and create an individualized risk reduction plan both to promote your health and minimize possible harm regardless of current HIV status.
- Referrals to Clinical Trials: Research programs that seek to improve treatment options for HIV infection.
How to Establish HIV Primary Care at Callen-Lorde
To be seen to establish HIV primary care, you must:
- Have proper, Government issued photo I.D.
- Be either 1) insured by a plan we accept and have chosen a Callen-Lorde provider as your Primary Care Provider (or be prepared to switch your PCP), if applicable, OR 2) are uninsured.
- Bring a copy of your Insurance Card (if applicable).
- Have ‘Proof of HIV Status’ documentation*:
- a signed letter from a provider on letterhead stating the patient is HIV+.
- lab work that indicates a viral load over 5,000.
- proof of a western blot (confirmatory) test that indicates a positive result.
- Available for a 45-60 minute intake process & willing to have your blood drawn.
- Available to return in 2-3 weeks for a follow-up visit with a medical provider.
*You may need to be re-tested during intake if you do not present documentation as listed.
Please note availability is based on a first come, first served basis. Daily intake slots are limited so please arrive as early as possible.
Please feel free to call (212) 271-7200 for further information or assistance.
We look forward to becoming your Primary Care Provider.